Sunday, October 5, 2008

Montana de Oro and Morro Bay

Last month I decided it was time to head back to the coast and get away for the weekend. I stayed in Grover Beach as I usually do. On Saturday I ended up going to Montana de Oro park in Los Osos and walked along the Bluff Trail. Even though it was a windy and overcast day, I was absolutely beautiful! Walking along the 40 to 60 foot cliffs was, I have to admit, exhilerating! The sign above was posted in the parking area before you even start walking on the trail. Totally craked me up!


It was so amazing to see all of the different rock formations from the way that the waves crash up against them.



No, you're not seeing things....those ARE big jellyfish in the water below the cliffs. This was the first time that I've ever seen them swimming in the open water. And for those of you that are wondering...no...I did not go swimming with the jellies!



This was in Morro Bay at Morro Rock. There was a small pod of dolphins swimming along the in the water. Now that was cool! :)

No comments: