Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Love You



Eight small letters.


Three little words.


One huge meaning.



How often does someone tell you that they love you? How often do you tell someone that you love them?

Have you ever thought of how magical and meaningful that statement can be to someone? It can be music to their ears. The one thing that will lift their spirits. Those three words have the power to make time stand still and make you forget everything around you...I know they have for me.

I know many people that hear "I love you" many times throughout the day or week, whether it be from their kids, their significant other, or their friends. But there is also someone that I know that actually goes weeks without someone telling her that she is loved. I was out for a drive tonight and started to think about her. Then I started to cry. I tried the best I could to put myself in her shoes and I could not imagine the loneliness that she must feel. She has friends. She has family.

Not missed. Lonely. Unimportant. Those were the three things that first came to my mind when I tried to step into her shoes. No one should ever feel like that.

I never really thought about the importance of telling someone that you love them and the impact that you could have on them in that moment.

Who in your life needs to hear those words from you?

1 comment:

Joleen Heard said...

We love you Maya!!!
Joleen and Brayden (and I'm sure Curtis too!)